Selling a Property
Hughes Legal’s experienced solicitors and conveyancing team will make the process of selling your property as simple as possible. Whether residential or commercial, Hughes Legal can offer you advice from experienced practitioners and handle the full process in an efficient manner from preparing the Contract of Sale up to and including settlement.
- Preparing the Contract of Sale and Section 32
- Advice on tax implications associated with the property. We also have access to experienced accountants who can assist in this area.
- Obtain a discharge of your mortgage with your Bank
- Seeking an early release of deposit under section 27 of the Sale of Land Act (where applicable)
- Organise settlement with all relevant parties
- Attending settlement on your behalf icluding attending to any banking of funds received at settlement
- Notifying the relevant authorities of change of ownership of the property
Purchasing a Property
Purchasing a property can be a daunting and complicated procedure, particularly for first home buyers, and it is important that prospective purchasers seek the right advice before entering into a Contract of Sale.
We will review your Contract of Sale and Vendors Statement, free of charge, and bring to your attention any issues, regulations or restrictions which may apply to the property as well as making sure your interests are protected before proceeding with signing any Contract of Sale.
Once the Contract has been signed, we will undertake all required steps up to and including settlement, ensuring your purchase is efficient as possible.
Services provided include:
- Reviewing and advising on Contract of Sale and Vendors Statement
- Organising a Building Inspection Report
- Advice on Asset protection
- Ordering all necessary title and property searches
- Prepare all documents to enable the Transfer
- Liaise with your Banker to arrange cheques required for settlement
- Preparing Statement of Adjustments
- Booking and attending settlement on your behalf
- Notifying the relevant authorities of your purchase and change of ownership
Hughes Legal specialises in conveyancing and provides a cost effective and complete service in handling what can be a complicated and stressful process.
With years of experience in the local area, whether you are buying, selling or transferring ownership of a property, we can assist you with up to date advice and practices to ensure the process is as stress-free as possible.
Buying or selling a property can be one of the most important transactions in your lifetime and it is therefore important to engage an experienced legal practitioner with the understanding of all areas of property law to ensure that your interests are protected.
We at Hughes Legal also have access to a number of other services in the building to assist with the process of selling or purchasing your property, including accounting services (Hughes O’Dea Corredig) and mortgage brokers (Mortgage Explorers).
With fixed fees for all conveyancing matters, clients will always be aware of the costs that will be incurred from the outset.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE ON (03) 9375 4226
Contact us if you have any queries or would like more information